Disney on Walt Disney World Resort: The ‘Florida Project’ in Walt’s Own Words

Discussion in 'Disney News' started by Jeremy, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

News Conference in Orlando, Fla., Officially Confirming the Disney ‘Florida Project’ – Nov. 15, 1965

“After taking a look at the land this morning, I say we are starting from scratch. We have many things in mind that could make this unique and different than Disneyland.”

“To have this enthusiasm on the part of our whole organization and on the part of the people of the state of Florida really is a good start.”

“We hope what we develop here will be a real credit to the state, a credit to the Disney organization.”

Excerpted from Walt’s EPCOT Film, Produced for Media and Business Interests Outlining Details of His ‘Florida Project’ – Filmed Oct. 27, 1966

“We know what our goals are; we know what we hope to accomplish. And believe me, it’s the most exciting and challenging minnieignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions.”

“We have a perfect location in Florida – almost in the very center of the state.”

“Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland – the blessing of size. There is enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine.”

The Quotable Mr. Disney – Other Wisdom from Walt

“All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me.”

“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”

“I suppose my formula might be: dream, diversify – and never miss an angle.”

“People often ask me if I know the secret of success and if I could tell others how to make their dreams come true. The answer is, you do it by working.”

“You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world … but it requires people to make the dream a reality.”

###​

Continue reading...